As members of the Millennial generation move into their thirties, more and more attention is being paid to them — especially from businesses and nonprofits. In just a few short years, these adults (born anywhere from the early 1980s through the late 1990s to early 2000s), estimated to number 75 million, will make up about 50% of the work force.
Millennials are quickly becoming the coveted demographic for nonprofits, but so many development departments are stumped as to how best to reach them. Unlike the generations before them, Millennials are the first group to have grown up with technology, which has shaped them profoundly.
Perhaps more than any other influence, technology has impacted the way that Millennials interact with the world, including the way they regard nonprofit organizations and the work they do.
It’s imperative that your organization figures out now how to best reach Millennials. These twenty- and thirty-somethings today are tomorrow’s donors. Establishing and nurturing a healthy relationship with a Millennial today is an investment into your future.
Having taken a look at some of the most compelling research, statistics, and anecdotes about Millennials and how they regard nonprofits, charities, and ministries, we’ve created a free downloadable resource, “The Definitive Guide to Millennial Givers,” to help your organization as you plan to reach these young adults with your donor appeals.
In this resource, you’ll find out:
- How technology influences the way Millennials interact with your organization
- Why your nonprofit must have a robust online presence
- Why Millennials are especially motivated by social media campaigns
- The types of campaigns Millennials are most drawn to support and why
- Specific changes you can make to your campaigns so that more Millennials will respond to your appeals
- 10 ideas for reaching Millennials more effectively
Download our free resource now!